PERSONALITY AND SKILLS DEVELOPMENT CELL
A holistic approach to career planning committed to inspire and motivate students to enter the competitive and evolving global arena with confidence and competence.
To nurture and groom the student aspirants by facilitating intensive and systemic training in verbal ability, quantitative aptitude, and their overall personality development in order to meet the global challenges and reinforce the same through rigorous evaluation mechanism.
- To generate awareness and acquaint students with the recruitment processes and requirements of various companies, organizations and institutes for higher studies.
- To provide students with a strong conceptual and detailed content of Verbal Ability and Quantitative Aptitude & Logical Reasoning through interactive pedagogy followed by practice sessions.
- To provide the students a strong practical orientation towards the use of tools of Personality Development i.e. public speaking, team building, time management, resume building, group discussion, interview and inter-personal skills.
- To make students competent so that they are able to crack the online exam and/or interview ranging from placement to government jobs and higher studies.
The aim of the PSD Cell is to train the JIETians to meet the stringent demands of the present global scenario. The PSD Cell conducts an intensive in-house training program that tries to hone the attitude and aptitude skills of the students through classroom teaching, quality interactive sessions and activities. The program follows a holistic approach and covers various aspects of personality development in a rational manner. The program constitutes a perfect coalescence of Verbal ability, Quantitative Aptitude, Logical Reasoning and Personality Development that arm the students with necessary skills to face the globally competitive world with credence.
The PSD cell functions through three verticals:
- Verbal Ability
- Quantitative Aptitude and Logical Reasoning
- Soft skills
These verticals form an integral part of all competitive exams and placement process.
The Cell also provides training, based on the modern techniques of psychometric tests, in order to provide scientific career counseling to students. Besides, semester long training in the classes, Company Specific Training (CST), and Boot Camps on Verbal Ability, Quantitative Aptitude and Logical Reasoning are also being conducted for students.
The PSD Cell also conducts online mock tests and interviews from time to time.
VALUE ADDED COURSES
The Value Added Courses aim to provide learner centric technical training. The main objectives of the program are:
- To provide students an understanding of the expectations of industry.
- To improve employability skills of students.
- To bridge the skill gaps and make students industry ready.
- To provide an opportunity to students to develop inter-disciplinary skills.
These courses will be delivered as hands on training sessions so that students acquire practical knowledge on latest technologies and tools.
These courses would be in the form of 6-day/8-day workshops and would be conducted every Saturday from 8.00 a.m. to 3.00 p.m.
A wide variety of Value Added Courses are offered to students including IOT, Python with Databases, Android Development, AutoCAD, and Electrical Vehicles.